Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A project for 2007

I've been craving a creative outlet. I'm not an artistic person, though I like to write. Words help me find meaning. They help me solve problems and understand my life and world. I want to experiment with using writing in a more intentional way as a spiritual discipline...something beyond journaling. I want to use writing as a way to help me pay attention, to notice people and things in the world around me.

The idea for this blog came from looking at a few of the Project365 blogs that were started earlier this month on which people post a picture a day. I like that idea, but I've tweaked it to work better for me. I'm going to post word pictures everyday instead. And at the end of the year, I can look back to see how my ability to be in the moment, to notice the world around me, has changed.

Would anyone else like to join me?

3 comments:

Linda said...

WooHoo! Someone's playing!

Unknown said...

I'm playing, too, but do I really need another blog for it?

Elizabeth said...

I love this idea. I'd like to join you (I am a writer, too) but am a little late in the game.

Elizabeth